Tuesday, July 16, 2013

To temp or not to temp, basal

Left work at a reasonable time today and checked my blood sugar from the car, 115 so I set a temp basal for 60 minutes at 20% thinking a 3 mile run should mesh well with that. This was at 4:30 and when I was at home stretching I tested again. This next test I was 89 so I decided to turn off the temp basal, eat 40 carbs and see where my sugar was an hour later. I then saw my wife eating some skittles so u asked for a handful and ate those too. 

Cgm is reading 96 at 5:30 and now reads 119 with one up arrow. Going 3 miles ill probably burn about 100 off my current reading, off to my hair cut and test with meter after that. 

Here is the before shot: gross, way too long. 


Ok, haircut done and blood sugar now 234. Hair looks great again and off to the treadmill. 


Post run blood sugar is 175, it was 4 miles not 3....good thing I double checked while on the dread mill. 

Cgm graph


No comments:

Post a Comment