Sunday, July 7, 2013

Sunday long run

So it was a long weekend, I had to work on Saturday and I also got some things caught up from home on Sunday. I was going to skip my run all together today but I saw a post from another friend with diabetes and she had biked 20 something miles so I was inspired to get my run done. 

Starting my run I was an hour into a 50% basal and thought I was on track to have a good run. I tested prior to the run and was 148, the correction on that's would have been 2.25 and u had one unit on board so I figured I was high enough to get going. I had 6 bee stinger gu packs at 29 carbs each and I had 50g carbs sports drink powder called heed. 

Stretch and Stewart running, first mile is a crazy fast pace at sub 10:00 first mile, slowed it up mile two and had my first gel pack to see a "predicted low" at 2.5 miles so I had another gel pack and walked. Set my basal to 25% and started running again around 4 miles. Cgm read 66 but the double arrows down were gone and with the cgm bring 15-20 minutes behind I figured I would be ok to get moving again. 

Aside from the walking I had a pretty good pace, finished at 10 miles instead of 12 and check out the photo of my final readings. I was pretty satisfied , always am when I get done and see that! 


That's right! CGM says 94 and the meter says 88 #ftw right? Well it's about 90 minutes later and I tested and my sugar is 347?!?!? WHAT?! 

The diabetes life I guess. One day ill figure it out. 

Make it a great week folks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment