Sunday, December 22, 2013

Portion Control

Had Christmas with my mom and siblings today. My mom made lasagna and it was delicious. I told myself today I could eat it but also knew I had to have some self control and not gorge myself. I think I did pretty well but wish I did better I told Sarah Hankle that I ate half as much as I could have but also ate twice as much as I wanted to. In the end I'll consider it a win. 

Looking at the meal I could have made it better by having a salad first and a nice veggie choice such as green beans or broccoli. The salad and veggies would have made me feel fuller earlier and maybe I could have cut half the carbs out that way too. 

Eating with others you have a lot less control so you have to just make due. I did see a pile if cookies that I avoided though! Big win skipping those!!

I started using myFitness pal based on a recommendation and I only have 260 calories left for the day but I also have a interval run to do this evening. 

Photo of lunch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment