Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Signed up for part one

So I went to the Eagan Community Center today and signed up for their weight loss challenge.  The key goal for this is to have use to a indoor facility to start my training for the Twin Cities Marathon.  It cost $89.00 and will allow me to run and build my endurance so that when the 16 week training is here my body will be able to handle the training needed.

So weighing in and taking the before picture was a bit more awkward than I thought it would be, a couple of women looked over, I believe it was three and based on their expressions they weren't thinking, "wow, look at that hottie" I imagine their thoughts were a mix between "omg, you look ridiculous" or "good for you, you can do it" or "good lucky buddy, I might check you out someday"  sure I'm married but getting a lady to turn her head at me could be nice for self esteem, confidence, and who doesn't like being checked out?

Weighed in at 249.4, if I can get my hands on the before picture I'll post it.  I am able to use the facility starting February 7th, all those that have been asking me how the running has been going, IT STARTS 2/7/11!

Registration for the marathon opens at 12:01 a.m. Feb. 2nd so that is an hour or so away and I plan to stay awake and register, once I register it is real and I am stuck running. 

Futures post will be in a few weeks, either with week 1 results or after the week 3 weigh in, we'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment