Sunday, January 23, 2011

Work out 2

So last week my glucose was 298 before going in and 224 coming out.  I had breakfast and took some insulin to cover most of the breakfast but not quite all of it.  Today going in I was 198 and I didn't eat breakfast nor did I take any insulin and I left at 268.  I recall my Dr. saying that your body will take stored carbs and throw that into your system as your burning carbs, the problem is since I don't produce insulin it is a crap shoot and usually end up higher than going in.  My goal next Sunday is to go in at 200 and leave at 100, breakfast and insulin will have to be part of that day.

Todays workout again was a walk/run routine until I hit four miles.  Last week it took 64 minutes to accomplish that distance but today I got it done in 58 minutes.  I think I'll continue with this routine until I can jog the entire four miles.  Once my endurance hits that I may add some interval training as well as hit the weights.  The weight loss challenge starts on February 8, I would like to be able to jog the 4 miles by the end of February, I think that is a fair goal considering I get winded when I run downstairs at work and take the elevator back up.

Thanks again Drew for the guest pass!

Until next Sunday, Salguodmai

2 comments: