Thursday, January 6, 2011

Need some help

So this question is for anyone that has already run a marathon or attempted one.  I'm looking for a good six month training program to get me prepared for this.  I'm going to schedule an appointment with my doctor for early February to learn more about how this will impact my diabetes.  I'll probably meet with a nurse and dietitian quarterly and we have a nurse line I can take advantage of through work for additional medical assistance.

My biggest concern with this run is how I'll keep my glucose level high enough to not pass out.  I was reading another article about a diabetic that started his run at 180, knew how often he needed to drink Gatorade for carb replenishment, and even had a back up to meet him half way through to test himself.  At their halfway point he decided to just finish the race because he felt good and when he finished and tested he was at 103!  Inspiring story, a lot to live up to(or die to).

So post a comment with links to sites or training plans, with your help I can make this come true!

No comments:

Post a Comment