Friday, January 2, 2015

Diabets and working out

Check out my afternoon:

12:05 Pre Lunch 117

3:11 Post Lunch 171 - I didn't correct here because one wasn't called for

5:32 170 - Pretty dang consistent from lunch, I didn't correct because I was planning a trip to the gym and active insulin is a big no no for me while working out. 

7:42 173 - Perfect starting # and thinking my basal rate must be pretty good but who knows?

10 Minute warm up then stretch and ager that I'm 168

Get going and I'm about 10 minutes in and I ate a BeeStinger because I figured I would be wiped out by the time I was done. BeeStingers are 29g Carb. 

30 minutes in I'm 122 - I go for another 10 minutes and think I should call it quits because I went from 168 to 122 in 20ish minutes and I didn't want to be a goner.

30 minutes later I test at home and I'm 185 and another 10 minutes later I'm 205.

WTF? What did I do wrong? No temp basal, did I just not need the BeeStinger? Is diabetes just F'd up? 

Tomorrow is a new day, I guess I'll just try again.



2 comments:

  1. Sometimes there's just no rhyme or reason to what we see, man. Or at least nothing I can understand! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never have figured it out. Sometimes I think my inset just isn't delivering...

    ReplyDelete