Monday, January 5, 2015

18 Weeks until 26.2

Around this time last year I was tasked with training for Fargo Marathon. I had all the best intentions of training and running but then life got in the way. I was thankful you could defer your entry to the following year since I've never signed up for a race and intentionally missed it. I did miss Minnetonka Half Marathon but because I thought it started at 8:00 but it started at 7:00, I showed up and no one was there because they all were running. I got sick and missed much of the early training, then discovered class was on Saturdays so I decided to attend class instead of running the marathon.

A friend of mine told me I needed to run year round instead of just training for marathons and that way I would stay in shape. I tried my best to keep busy in-between but wasn't 100% on task. I've worked out probably half of the days between October and today.

Tomorrow I start training again for Fargo. Originally my goal was 4:30 but I'm going to have to reassess my goal and shoot for 5:15. I may be able to go faster but I'm really concerned with my ability to train, work, and do homework. Tuesdays nights are class nights, Saturday mornings are class. January goal will be to run Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday before work. This will be a challenge because I'm in to work at 7.

I plan to go to bed by 10:00 and wake up by 4:30, unsure 6.5 hours of sleep will be enough I may have to again reanalyze my plan but for now that is the goal. Saturdays in January I will either run the track at St. Kates after class or on the treadmill there. Hopefully February we'll get some nicer weather and I can run the river and back to Kates to study.

I need to continue to load my pump information and try to use MySugr more. I also need to better mentally prepare myself by thinking about my workouts and knowing what is going on before it happens. I would love to add weights but I honestly don't know what I'm doing and I'm not willing to pay for services. Even if I paid for a trainer I wouldn't ever have time to run and do weights. 

For now that's it. Have a good night! 

No comments:

Post a Comment