Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Can't get the words out

Do you sometimes find a low blood sugar brings a bunch of random thoughts and its hard to get all the words out? You find yourself babbling inside your mind about all the things you are thinking and trying to find a way to say or do things but your'e worried about it coming out wrong? You're sitting there wondering if the thoughts are real or fake, are you imagining things or are they actually happening? Does this happen to you?

I wonder how things got to where they are now. How did my blood sugar just hit 66? I tested at what would have been a normal time of night and I was 175 and I took a 2.4 correction bolus, why am I 66? What if I wasn't up at 1:00 a.m. watching a TV show and I were actually in bed sleeping? How low would my sugar have gone? I am not wearing a sensor. I didn't feel low I just tested because I was about to shut my body off for sleep. 

What if I went to bed with out testing and didn't wake up? Why am I lucky and haven't experienced hypoglycemia? Some say its not a matter of if but when and that's bullshit! Should I not have corrected and just kept my 175 and fallen asleep?

#NeedACure 

No comments:

Post a Comment