Monday, August 5, 2013

Meters and test strips

Goofy story here. A while back I got a notice from Medtronic telling me I'm eligible for a new meter. I spoke with them about the test strips thinking "they're coming in the mail, I'm good. Plus I get other supplies from them so why wouldn't this be ok ?" We'll easier said than done, opening my mail I realize I have a bill from Medtronic for $750 plus!!!! Eeek. 

I called into Medtronic to discuss the issue and they owned up and waives the bill, thank you Medtronic! Into the second problem that started last week. I reach into my overall supplies and realize I'm out if test strips! I go ahead and refill strips on my other meter since it was the weekend and I never actually got a prescription for the new meter. Called my buddy Jeff who is a T1D and he lent me some strips to get me through. 

Pull out test strips from Jeff and put into old meter and it doesn't work?!? New batteries? So I have AAA battery's laying around because if the pump but it doesn't work still...go to target and get the same kind it had before, still nothing. 

Now what? Cancel the order on the way or get a new script for new meter?  Supplies left already so I get to get a new meter. Good thing it's on warranty, that could have gotten expensive. 

Moral if the story is to have a 15 day supply somewhere other than the regular supply to allow enough time for mail order to get the info, process, and ship. 

My diabetic problem this week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment